We're seeking a financial controller to join our London team...
Working in a fast moving and stimulating environment, reporting in to our group and managing directors, we’re seeking a financial controller to join our London team. The role will involve:
– Overseeing the accounting function – including bringing in-house aspects previously implemented by external suppliers; and managing an assistant working in a combined office manager/accounting assistant role
– Responsible for day to day financial management, including accounts receivable/payable and payroll
– Month-end closure of accounts and posting accrual and prepayment journals; reconciling balance sheet, preparing P&L reports and administering intercompany accounts
– VAT accounting and returns; preparation of year end accounts
– Monitoring, improving and managing general financial processes (expenses and overheads, purchase and sales procedures, etc)
– Supporting the management team to achieve agreed financial targets through effective and timely financial reporting, analysis of project by project performance and improving measures of profitability
– Working on our London business will constitute the majority of the role to start with. However, we’re building teams in New York, Singapore, Amsterdam and Sydney, with local accountants appointed in each case. Thus experience of producing group accounts, working with local market suppliers and accounting in different markets an advantage
Salary: £50-65k pa / competitive annual leave allowance / Betterment scheme / 2 x company days out / Christmas close / Early summer finishing / Quarterly awards / Free lunches per month / Massages, fruit, drinks, other treats! / Scope for working from home and flexi hours / Paid sabbatical after five years
We want someone – qualified/part qualified – who can point to solid accounting and finance experience, ideally in a small business environment and, better still, with experience in a company that offers ad hoc services on a project-by-project basis (therefore dealing with a range of clients and with bespoke costs per project).
If you can point to experience in a business with overseas clients and/or offices, that’s an advantage; as is experience using Quickbooks.
We are open to candidates looking for a four or five day per week role (or working hours the equivalent of).
To apply for this role, please get in touch with Andy Crysell, including a CV.