We’re seeking one to join our Hoxton Square team, leading key projects in categories such as alcohol, retail, fashion and FMCG…
Cultural insights and strategy agency Crowd DNA is looking to recruit an associate director to join our London team, working on fabulously diverse and exciting projects for some of the biggest names around. The briefs we get are amazing – truly at the intersection of culture and brands. We want someone who can bring both provocative thinking and total diligence to this type of work.
You will report to one of our two strategic insights directors – thus playing a vital role in developing one of our two core workstreams. You will run priority projects, design approaches, respond to briefs and helping to manage and mentor the wider team. Here’s what we’re looking for:
- We’re keen to see experience in some of the following areas – fashion, alcohol, FMCG, retail, travel, autos
- You need to have the confidence and necessary experience to take the controls of large and sometimes complex projects
- And you’ll do so in a way that means you get the best out of the wider project team, ensuring we are collectively diligent and creative in equal measure
- Being able to point to particular experience in comms and brand development work will be a major asset; and an ability to engage credibly and strategically with senior client teams around these topics
- Demonstrating experience of working on multi-market projects is important
- Also of working on high quality proposals – plus a demonstrable interest in devising strategies for bringing new clients on board and bolstering existing client relationships
- An interest in trends and the type of brands and challenges that Crowd DNA gets involved with (look around this website if you need more of an idea) is a must, as is evidence of how you’ve met business challenges in the past
- We don’t necessarily expect you to have ticked off every one of the research methods we deploy at Crowd, but a broad swathe of experience in different techniques is expected
- Showing you can be creative with research and have the confidence to engage clients through exciting debrief approaches, including high grade workshop facilitation, is a must
- We want someone who’s enthusiastic about the idea of working alongside strategists, writers, film-makers and designers
- Moreover, we anticipate this role going to someone who fully appreciates – and indeed relishes the fact – that the world of ‘market research’ (we don’t much like that term…) is fast changing, and that factors such as strategic thinking, stakeholder engagement, storytelling and innovation are key to the future of this industry.
The role comes with a competitive salary and benefits, plus clear paths to promotion and to new opportunities. We anticipate you’re currently working in an insight agency, in a SC/RM role, or similar; perhaps already as an AD but looking for something new. It’s an entrepreneurial and energised environment, fast paced and collaborative. If you fancy working in a place where setting the agenda for the future of cultural insights and strategy is coded into the culture, please do get in touch, providing a covering letter and CV in the first instance.