24 August, 2022
We’re excited to share the news that Crowd DNA opens its second US office very soon, touching down in Los Angeles in October. With a brilliant head of agency appointed to lead the launch, we’re now looking to build out the team, and a priority is a senior cultural strategist.
The briefs we get are amazing – truly at the intersection of culture and brands. We want someone who can bring both provocative thinking and total diligence to this type of work. As importantly, we want someone who relates to our values and will treat those around them – team members, project partners, participants – kindly and fairly at all times.
This makes for a great opportunity for someone who relishes the idea of helping shape a start-up (though one with all of the credibility and experience of a first-rate business to support it), collaborating with our Los Angeles head of agency, and getting to play an instrumental role in how we grow.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
– We envisage you’ll have three+ years of experience in an insight or strategy environment; with strong qualitative research skills and, ideally, to also be no stranger to working with trends and/or data
– A tangible enthusiasm for presenting work, running workshops (virtual or otherwise) and for reaching bold conclusions that combine creativity and good commercial sense
– First-rate writing skills (we expect you to be contributing to our blog and producing reports)
– Our work generally involves multiple markets – we’re looking for someone who relishes the opportunity to develop narratives and strategies that have global relevance
– Comfortable working alongside our project producers to ensure the smooth running of work and timeline management; also at home with cost sheets and financial processes
– An enthusiasm for building relationships with clients, understanding business challenges and, as a result, working with our head of agency to play a part in Crowd DNA’s own growth plans
– Someone who’s enthusiastic about working alongside strategists, writers, film-makers and designers; also for collaborating with our team in New York City and those across the wider Crowd DNA group
– Believing in our culturally charged commercial advantage promise and ambition; eager to learn more about what happens at the intersection of brands and culture!
Working At Crowd DNA
The role comes with a salary of $80,000-110,000, and clear paths to promotion and to new opportunities. Benefits include:
– Annual leave (23 days on top of public holidays and our shut-down at Xmas)
– Medical, dental & vision cover and disability insurance contribution of $759; 401k Plan
– Option of phone contract coverage
– On the journey bonus after every three years – $6,500
– Betterment fund of $350 and wellness fund of $240 per annum
– Generous gender-neutral parental leave policy
– 10am-6pm hours (also flexi time, early finish Fridays in the summer, 1⁄2 day for birthdays, and time off for key life days – weddings, moving etc!)
– Paid sabbatical after every four years
– 30 days ‘work from anywhere’ scheme each year
– Also, company awards, days out, drinks, lunches, training sessions, guest speakers, flexible WFH/WFO policy
If you fancy working in a place where setting the agenda for the future of cultural insights and strategy is coded into the way of working, please get in touch with our head of people, Alex Smith (a.smith@crowdDNA.com), providing a covering letter and CV in the first instance.
At Crowd DNA, we do not discriminate on the basis of sex, religion, age, race, colour, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status or any other status or class protected by applicable law. We apply this policy and outlook when it comes to recruitment, hiring, onboarding, training, compensation, promotions and development, benefits and all other terms and conditions as applicable.
Unsure whether to apply for this role?
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women, people of colour and those from other marginalised groups are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every expectation in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
24 August, 2022