Here at Crowd DNA we pride ourselves on our high quality, immersive outputs. Here are a couple of examples from recent projects...
Channel 4 ‘Tribes’ Road Trip 2015
Sony Music ‘Meet FECI’
Here at Crowd DNA we pride ourselves on our high quality, immersive outputs. Here's a sample of a documentary we produced for Twitter on the future of music fandom...
Here at Crowd DNA we pride ourselves on our high quality, immersive outputs. Here are a couple of examples from recent projects...
Edit of 15 minute Twitter film
Sony Music audience understanding film
Crowd DNA Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Crowd DNA Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 6/7/17.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The following terms of business apply to all contracts between us. Acceptance of this proposal and commissioning of the project will be taken as acceptance of these terms of business, unless otherwise agreed in writing before commencing the project.
- The fees exclude VAT, which will be charged as applicable.
- Crowd DNA will charge for [reasonable] supplementary expenses such as hotel, travel and subsistence costs.
- Payment of each invoice is due from you within 30 days of the invoice date and Crowd DNA Ltd will be entitled to charge interest on all sums outstanding thereafter at a rate of 4% per month calculated on a daily basis payable from the invoice date until the date of payment of the outstanding amount in full.
- Any quotation for a project made by Crowd DNA Ltd will remain valid for two months.
- Crowd DNA Ltd reserves the right to adjust the fees and the date of completion of the project in the event that the project proposal is altered after the project is commissioned.Confirmation, cancellation & termination
- Crowd DNA Ltd requires written confirmation (including by email) to commence a project. Once the project has been confirmed, the cancellation charges set out below will apply.
- If the project is cancelled by you at any time during the project, to a minimum of 50% of the agreed project fee, you will be liable to Crowd DNA Ltd for any and all direct and indirect expenses and costs incurred by Crowd DNA Ltd and any loss of earnings or other any loss whatsoever.
- Either of us may terminate this agreement at any time by written notice to the other if the other goes into liquidation, makes a voluntary arrangement with its creditors or has a receiver or administrator appointed over all or part of its business.Cost assumptions
- The fees quoted are estimated according to specific project requirements, the agreed timescale and any assumptions detailed in the proposal. If the timescale, project objectives or requirements or research approach or the assumptions on which the quote is based change in any way, Crowd DNA Ltd reserves the right to review the agreed fee and charge for any additional work that has resulted from changes.
- Crowd DNA Ltd cannot accept responsibility for delays caused by weather, transport difficulties, industrial action or any other circumstances beyond its control.
- The cost of stimulus material or colour copies of stimulus material will be charged at cost.Working practice
- Crowd DNA Ltd observes the Code of Practice of the Market Research Society.
- In providing the services, we will comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and any other relevant secondary legislation. We gain respondents’ permission to use recordings for research purposes only, not for use in external promotions or in the public domain.
- The identity of personal records and data pertaining to persons who take part in projects are confidential information and will not be revealed to clients or any third party.
- Except in respect of death or personal injury, Crowd DNA Ltd shall not be liable to you by reason of any representation (unless fraudulent), or any term (express or implied) of our agreement for any loss of profit or any indirect, special or consequential loss, damage, costs, expenses or other claims which arise out of or in connection with the project or the use of the results of the project by you, and the entire liability of Crowd DNA Ltd under or in connection with the agreement shall not exceed £300,000 (the limit of our professional indemnity insurance) in respect of any claim or series of connected claims.
- You will supply at your expense, all agreed documents or other materials, and all necessary data or other information relating to the project (and ensure the accuracy of the same), within sufficient time to enable us to carry out the project in accordance with the proposal.
- Any changes or additions to the project must be agreed in writing by us.
- Upon commencement of the project, you will be responsible for the insurance of any product samples or stimulus material used in the research against accidental loss or damage, until the date of their disposal or return to you in accordance with this term Crowd DNA Ltd may dispose of all materials supplied by you after six months following completion of a project, unless you request their return, at your expense, in writing.
- Crowd DNA Ltd will keep key documents including (without limitation) electronic copies of the research proposal, sample details, recruitment questionnaire, debrief documentation) for one year from project completion (the date of the debrief presentation) after which they will be destroyed securely. Audio/video recordings and any paper, products and materials relating to the products will be destroyed securely after six months.International work
- Fees that include foreign fieldwork costs are based on the exchange rates prevailing between sterling and the currencies of the applicable countries on the specified date. The rates used are those quoted in www.ft.com. Crowd DNA Ltd reserves the right to adjust the final fee in line with any rate fluctuations during the course of the project.Copyright and confidentiality
- All intellectual property developed by Crowd DNA prior to or during the project remains its sole and exclusive property, unless commissioned by a client. Intellectual property commissioned and paid for by the client will be the property of the client.
- You warrant that any material or information supplied by you and its use by us, will not infringe the copyright or other intellectual property rights of any third party, and you will indemnify us against any loss, damages, costs, expenses or other claims arising from any such infringement.
- Crowd DNA Ltd undertakes to keep confidential and not disclose to any other person (except in the proper performance of duties) either during or after the termination of this contract any information whatsoever relating to your business or any trade secrets or make use of the same in any manner which might be prejudicial to your interests.
- You undertake to keep confidential and not disclose to any other person either during or after the termination of this contract any information whatsoever relating to our business, any proposals, methodologies and debrief documentation or other information supplied by us during or before the project, or make use of the same in any manner which might be prejudicial to our interests.General
- English law governs the agreement between us and you agree to submit to the non‐exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- These terms, together with the proposal and proposal confirmation, constitute the entire agreement between us, supersede any previous agreements or understandings and all other terms, express or implied by statute or otherwise are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- A notice required to be served on either of us under these terms shall be in writing addressed to the other at its registered office or principal place of business or such other address as may have been notified to the party giving notice pursuant to this term.
- No failure or delay by us to exercise any of our rights under the agreement shall be deemed to be a waiver of that right, and no waiver of any breach of the agreement shall be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
- If any provision of these terms is held by any court or other competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity of these terms and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected.
Here's some recent examples of our delivery across the creative spectrum
Just a couple of our most recent productions (in addition to our own site revamp late last year).
Quick and neat summaries designed to get the message home. We’ve done a lot more of these that we can’t show for confidentiality reasons, but here’s a sample of our more industry-facing work. Click the orange text to download the full docs.Peroni Trendsetters - An elegant, suitably trendy way of showing off insights from our ongoing work into London trendsetters
We’ve produced a wide range of film, from quick visual summaries to story-led animation pieces. It would take an age to sit through all of our content, so here’s a quick highlight reel based around our youth work, along with one of our very successful Gen X, Y, Z summaries.Youth Highlight Reel
Crowd DNA are coming your way if you live in Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff or London!
We’re the creators of UK Tribes, the UK’s biggest youth culture study for Channel 4. We immerse ourselves in the trends that influence, shape and inspire the current youth landscape in the UK. Want to know about Sea Punks or what trends are simmering away for Real Gamers in 2015? We’re the ones to ask.
We’re proud of our work at Crowd DNA and we aim to keep it that way. That’s why we’re heading out on a road trip in January and February 2015 to rejuvenate the Tribes that make it onto our map.
What do we want?
We want to speak to the cultural shapers, makers and influencers in Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff or London – but we’ll happily make a little detour if you’re in the ‘burbs somewhere!
We’re not looking for celebs – we’re interested in chatting to young people who are living and making youth culture what it is today. We’re looking for honest opinions and fresh perspectives. We want to hang out with the people who are going to point us in the right direction when it comes to hunting down the places to go and people to see.
So what’s in it for you?
You’ll be shaping the future of an innovative project that has remained at the forefront of definitive youth culture for the last decade as well as representing your scene and your city.
Final bits and pieces…
Don’t worry we won’t be interviewing you. We’ll be hanging out with you and your mates and having a bit of a chat. It could be over a coffee or something a bit stronger. We’re looking for people to show us around their studios, get us to gigs, browse for books or grab a bite… you get the picture.
If you think you fit the bill then contact email@example.com or
Twitter – @Channel4RoadTrip
Facebook – Channel 4 Road Trip